Pierre Ricco's publications
- 2019 Al-Bakri, B. Ricco, P. Condensation heat transfer coefficient for rectangular multiport microchannels at high ambient temperature, In revision.
- 2019 Goldstein, M.E. Ricco, P. Leading edge receptivity at subsonic and moderately supersonic Mach numbers, Chapter in book ``Boundary Layer Flows - Theory, Applications and Numerical Methods''. IntechOpen..
- 2019 Viaro, S. Ricco, P. Compressible unsteady Gortler vortices subject to free-stream vortical disturbances, J. Fluid Mech. 867, pp. 250-299.
- 2018 Wise, D.J. Olivucci, P. Ricco, P.
Turbulent drag reduction through oscillating discs CORRIGENDUM,
J. Fluid Mech, 856, pp. 1064-1066.
- 2018 Viaro, S. Ricco, P. Neutral stability curves of low-frequency Gortler flow generated by free-stream vortical disturbances, J. Fluid Mech. Rapids 845, R1.
- 2018 Ricco, P. Hicks, P.D. Streamwise-travelling viscous waves in channel flows, J. Eng. Math., vol. 111, pp. 23-49.
- 2018 Al-Tameemi, W.T.M. Ricco, P. Pressure-loss coefficient of 90 deg sharp-angled miter elbows, J. Fluids Eng., 140 (6), 061102.
- 2018 Goldstein, M.E. Ricco, P. Non-localized instabilities resulting from leading-edge receptivity at moderate supersonic Mach numbers, J. Fluid Mech. 838, pp. 435-477.
- 2018 Al-Tameemi, W.T.M. Ricco, P. Pattern-based pressure drop of air-water flow across a 90 sharp miter elbow, Int. J. Comp. Methods Exp. Meas. 6 (1), pp. 198-207.
- 2017 Marensi, E. Ricco, P. Growth and wall-transpiration control of nonlinear unsteady Gortler vortices forced by free-stream vortical disturbances, Phys. Fluids, 29, 114106.
- 2017 Marensi, E. Ricco, P. Wu, X. Nonlinear unsteady streaks engendered by the interaction of free-stream vorticity with a compressible boundary layer, J. Fluid Mech., 817, 80-121.
- 2016 Ricco, P. McEligot, D.M. Walsh, E.J. Brighenti, F. Growth of boundary-layer streaks due to free-stream turbulence, Int. J. Heat Fluid Flow, 61, 272-283.
- 2016 Papadakis, G. Lu, L. Ricco, P. Closed-loop control of boundary-layer streaks induced by free-stream turbulence, Phys. Rev. Fluids, 1, 043501.
- 2016 Aghdam, S.K. Ricco, P. Laminar and turbulent flows over hydrophobic surfaces with shear-dependent slip length, Phys. Fluids, 28, 035109.
- 2015 Perrault, C.M., Brugues, A. Bazellieres, E. Ricco, P. Lacroix, D. Trepat, X. Traction forces of endothelial cells under slow shear flow, Biophys. J., 109, 1533-1536.
- 2015 Hicks, P.D. Ricco, P.
Laminar streak growth over a spanwise oscillating wall, J. Fluid Mech., 768, 348-374.
- 2014 Wise, D.J. Alvarenga, C. Ricco, P.
Spinning out of control: wall turbulence over rotating discs,
Phys. Fluids, 26, 125107.
- 2014 Wise, D.J. Ricco, P.
Turbulent drag reduction through oscillating discs,
J. Fluid Mech, 746, 536-564.
- 2013 Ricco, P. Shah, D. Hicks, P.D. Compressible laminar streaks with wall suction, Phys. Fluids, 25, 054110.
- 2013 Ricco, P. Hahn, S.
Turbulent drag reduction through rotating discs, J. Fluid Mech., 722, 267-290.
- 2012 Ricco, P. Ottonelli, C. Hasegawa, Y. Quadrio, M.
Changes in turbulent dissipation in a channel flow with oscillating walls, J. Fluid Mech., 700, 77-104.
- 2011 Ricco, P. Laminar streaks with spanwise wall forcing,
Phys. Fluids, 23, 064103.
- 2011 Ricco, P. Luo, J. Wu, X. Evolution and instability of unsteady nonlinear streaks generated by free-stream vortical disturbances, J. Fluid Mech., 677, 1-38.
- 2011 Quadrio, M. Ricco, P.
The laminar generalized Stokes layer and turbulent drag reduction, J. Fluid Mech., 667, 135-157.
- 2010 Ricco, P. Dilib, F.
The influence of wall suction and blowing on laminar boundary-layer streaks generated by free-stream vortical disturbances,
Phys. Fluids, 22, 044101.
- 2009 Ricco, P.
The pre-transitional Klebanoff modes and other boundary layer disturbances induced by small-wavelength free-stream vorticity,
J. Fluid Mech., 638, 267-303.
- 2009 Quadrio, M. Ricco, P. Viotti, C.
Streamwise-travelling waves of spanwise wall velocity for turbulent drag reduction,
J. Fluid Mech., 627, 161-178.
- 2009 Ricco, P. Tran, D. L. Ye, G.
Wall heat transfer effects on Klebanoff modes and Tollmien-Schlichting waves
in a compressible boundary layer,
Phys. Fluids, 21, 024106.
- 2008 Ricco, P. Quadrio, M.
Wall-oscillation conditions for drag reduction in turbulent channel flow,
Int. J. Heat Fluid Flow, 29, 601-612.
- 2007 Ricco, P. Wu, X.
Response of a compressible laminar boundary layer to free-stream vortical disturbances, J. Fluid Mech., 587, 97-138.
- 2007 Ricco, P. Baron, A. Molteni, P.
Nature of pressure waves induced by a high-speed train travelling through a tunnel,
J. Wind Eng. Ind. Aero., 95 (8), 781-808.
- 2004 Quadrio, M.
Ricco, P. Critical assessment of turbulent drag reduction through spanwise wall oscillations, J.
Fluid Mech., 521, 251-271.
- 2004 Ricco, P. Modification of near-wall turbulence due to
spanwise wall oscillations, J.
Turbul., 5 (024).
- 2004 Ricco, P. Wu,
S. On the effects of lateral wall oscillations on a turbulent boundary layer,
Exp. Therm. Fluid Sc., 29 (1), 41-52.
- 2003 Quadrio, M.
Ricco, P. Initial response of a turbulent channel flow to spanwise oscillation of the walls, J. Turbul., 4 (007).
Google scholar page
Blue - Theoretical/numerical
Grey - Numerical
Red - Experimental